Monday, August 14, 2006

This is the first post!

Ok...

It's countdown to crunch time. The bosses are trying to get me down to Brisbane by the first of September. I'm very excited at this point, but also a little nervous. It's only THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD, after all. I'm sure that once I actually GET there, I'll be a little less anxious.

I'm especially not looking forward to spending a minimum of 24 hours in airplanes and airports. I'm going to probably wind up taking a flight to the west coast - Los Angeles, most likely - and then the leg from there to Brisbane is going to be around 12 hours. With the time change - 14 hours ahead of here - I'll basically lose 2 whole days in transit. That's banking on a minimum of a couple of hours worth of layovers. I looked at some flights that were 40+ hours of elapsed time. THAT would be miserable.

No comments: